An early morning Fire on Saturday destroyed properties worth millions of naira at Idanre, in Idanre local government of Ondo State.
Some of the properties destroyed by the fire incident included a furniture factory with equipment and some of its finished products, textile materials and phone shops as well as classrooms of a nursery and primary school.
Though the cause of the inferno could not be ascertained as of press time, some residents who spoke with our correspondent said it could be as a result of power surge in one of the affected shops.
One of the victims and owner of the furniture workshop, Mr Oluwatobi Atere who was overwhelmed with grief said that he had lost property close to thirty million naira.
A community leader in Idanre, , Mr Adesoji Abiodun , who assisted in putting out the fire lamented the late arrival of men of the fire service.
Abiodun added that the level of destruction would have been minimal had the fire brigade responded early enough.
Reacting , the Owa of Idanre, Oba Frederick Aroloye, has consoled the victims of the fire incident even as he called for the establishment of a fire station in the community.